Field Hockey Socks Reviews – 2019’s 5 Best Field Hockey Socks
Field hockey socks are one of the most crucial field items that constitute the hockey apparel. More often than not, socks are overlooked entirely as only a part of the overall uniform, something with a color that matches with the uniform. This shouldn’t be so as even the hockey rules recommend that players always wear shin protection and socks are part of the protection. It will be unwise to choose to play in a competitive hockey game without the best field hockey socks.
Hockey socks are thigh-to-ankle garments that are worn over shin pads by players of ice hockey. These socks are form-fitting, and they are usually made of synthetic rib-knit or cotton fabric. I have made this guide to provide you all the necessary information for making an intelligent decision on the best hockey sock. I have also tried and tested some of the best field hockey socks that are available on the market.
What To Consider When Choosing Field Hockey Socks?
If you’ve ever worn a pair of hockey socks that bunch up at the heels, give you blisters, or do not hold your shin pads in place, then you’ll know that not having the best hockey socks can ruin your entire day. Practically, hockey socks are used to better hold the shin guards in place to maximize protection.
Even more, hockey socks can be used in preventing the irritation that can be caused by other field equipment. Besides, the hockey socks can foster a sense of unity as a part of the hockey uniform. One amazing fact about field hockey socks is that they are often cheap and affordable, so you can get as many as possible.
Considering the importance of hockey socks, there are some factors that have to be at the forefront of your mind before purchasing one.
Wearing the Socks
Before buying your socks, you have to consider how you’ll wear it. The method of wearing hockey socks is dependent on what you find convenient, and the type of shin pads you’ll be wearing. While some shin pads demand a long sock in order to hold them, some do not. Also, it is typical to wear long socks over your shin guards that can comfortably cover the whole piece of equipment.
Depending on the circumstance, it might be necessary for the color of your field hockey socks to match with that of other team players. For instance, if the socks are meant for practices, matching colors probably won’t matter, and you can wear socks of different colors and patterns. However, if you are purchasing socks for a game, then it will most likely be required that you wear socks that are in line with the rest of your uniform.
It is important to consider the quality of the material before purchasing field hockey socks. It will be of no use to purchase hockey socks of low quality that can’t do the necessary job of keeping your shin pads in place as well as giving additional protection against slashes and hacks.
Hockey socks are normally sold in three different lengths, and they include the 28” (Senior length), the 24” (Junior length), and the 20” (Youth) length. However, there are extra sock sizes, such as the Pro and Intermediate sizes. Check to see which of these will be more ideal before you purchase field hockey socks.
Now that I have provided some of the factors that are important to consider before purchasing hockey socks, here are some of the best socks that I recommend for optimum value.
My Top 4 Favorite Field Hockey Socks
Adidas Rivalry Field OTC Socks (2-Pack)
- Moisture-wicking yarn keeps your feet cool and dry
- Arch and ankle compression for added stability
- Cushioned foot provides protection from impact
I’ve heard complaints from some players of still experiencing blisters even after wearing socks. But, these Adidas Rivalry Field OTC socks are the best field hockey socks as there can be no such complaints with it.
As its name suggests, the rivalry field socks are just the best to have on when you are on the field. As with the other Adidas socks, the Rivalry field is designed with polyester (93%), 3% Nylon, and 4% Spandex. It is one of the best hockey socks for preventing blisters. It features a climalite-order of construction that wicks moisture and helps in keeping your feet very comfortable.
Even more, this Rivalry socks ensure added stability with its ankle and arch compression, and its footbed has targeted cushioning for optimal shock absorption. If you are after lower-priced socks with the premium Adidas quality, then this is the socks to go for.
- Users have a lot of options as the Rivalry socks are available in blue, red, black, and navy
- The socks are cushiony and thick, and also easy to maintain and wash
- They have long-lasting durability as they are immune to staining, fading, shrinking and piling
- It comes in good sizes that are suitable for kids, youths and adults.
- It is designed to be over the calf
- The rivalry socks might not fit in the right with players that have fat feet.
TCK Prosport Performance Tube Socks
- High Quality: 96% Polypropylene, 4% Lycra Spandex
- Small - fits Kids shoe size 12-5
- Medium - fits Mens 6-9 or Womens 7-10
- Large - fits Mens 9-12 or Womens 10-13
- X-Large fits Mens 12-15 or Womens 13+
If you’re looking for a high-quality and simple field hockey socks, then I’ve found the Twin City Knitting (TCK) Prosport Performance Tube Socks to be one of the best. It is designed with top-notch quality of materials comprising of a 96% of polypropylene, and the remaining 4% of lycra spandex.
Amazingly, this superior product is designed with antimicrobial technology, which gives a long way in controlling odor. It also includes moisture control, which further helps in odor control. It is perfect for all hockey athletes, even the elites. It is available in different sizes including a youth size, a medium size, a women size, a large fit size, and an X-large fit size. Even more incredible, it is available in twenty different colors. It reaches the knee and doesn’t snag.
- It comes with features for odor control and moisture control
- Its effective blister control makes it extremely valuable
- It has cushioning that allows you to wear for long hours without generating friction. This makes it ideal for athletes that have to be on their feet for long.
- With its multiple colors, athletes are guaranteed to find the right option
- Kids and youths often complain that it’s too tight
STX Field Hockey Shin Guard Socks
- Over the shin guard sock in team colors
- Lightweight, breathable performance fabric
- Helps to keep shin guards in place
- Comfortable elastic stirrup construction
The STX Field Hockey Shin Guard socks are made specifically to go over the shin guards. When you consider the importance of shin guards, then you’ll look on these socks more favorably. The primary purpose of shin guards is to protect your shin from hockey sticks, pucks, hacks and slashes. What’s more, shin guards also protect your knees from the harsh ice when you fall.
With this STX shin guard socks, you’re guaranteed that the shin guards won’t ever fall out of place. It is designed with fabric that is lightweight and breathable. It also fosters team unity as it is available in different colors that can match a uniform.
- It is a fantastic alternative to knee socks. It is simple to put on.
- It is available in various team colors that match with uniforms
- The socks are opaque such that the shin guards color doesn’t show through
- It is lightweight and still very effective in holding the shin guards in place
- It doesn’t include seam construction
- There is a noticeable absence of ankle padding
- Shin guards are sold separately
- Available in a single size
TrendWell Elite Athletic Socks – Over the Calf
- Designed to enhance performance. Look good, play good!
- Perfect for Soccer Socks, Baseball Socks, Softball Socks, Football Socks, Deadlift Socks, Lacrosse Socks, Rugby Socks, Field Hockey Socks, Basketball Socks, Wrestling Socks and every other sport!
- Arch and Ankle Support, Cushioned Sole, Breathable Mesh, Moisture Wicking, Odor Control, Antimicrobial, and Blister Control
- SMALL fits Youth 13C-4Y. MEDIUM fits Men's 5-8.5, Women's 5-9.5, & Youth 4Y-6. LARGE fits Men's 9-13 & Women's 10-12. EXTRA LARGE fits Men's 13.5-15 (See Photo for Size Chart)
- LOVE IT OR GET YOUR MONEY BACK: Your satisfaction means the world to us, so these socks are backed by our 1 Year Money Back Guarantee Policy. Order yours with confidence today! Wear with or without shin guards. Machine wash warm. Use only non-chlorine bleach when needed. Tumble dry low.
The TrendWell Elite Athletic Socks are an incredible choice when you are after an impressive pair of deadlifting socks. Deadlifting socks are socks that last long, are comfortable, and are great at shin protection. Designed with 97% polyester and 3% Spandex, these socks are great for hockey players who need to have their shins protected at all times.
They are designed to optimize the performance of players, making them play and look good. These TrendWell socks offer great value even at an affordable price. Think of every impressive feature in hockey socks, and you are guaranteed to get it in these TrendWell socks. Features such as moisture wicking, antimicrobial, cushioned sole, ankle and arch support, odor control, blister control and breathable mesh, are all present.
- Enhances the performance of players
- Lightweight, comfortable and durable
- Guaranteed with a 1 year money -back warranty policy.
- Available in different sizes to fit every player
- Some users have complained that the string starts coming out from the edges after a wash.
I have thoroughly researched and analyzed the field hockey socks on the market to come up with this piece on the best field hockey socks. If you are looking for really cool field hockey socks, then these are some of the top best options on the market.
They are highly rated, and the brands are some of the most renowned. They are also budget-friendly as well as user-friendly, so you can get good value with your low budget.